Sunday, October 4, 2009

Quotable Sunday - #14


Toni at A Daily Dose of Toni hosts Quotable Sunday each week. This week I have decided to do quotes on Abraham Lincoln for no reason at all

I am a firm believer in the people.  If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crises.  The great point is to bring them the real facts.

No man has a good enough memory to make a successful liar.

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

Leave nothing for tomorrow which can be done today.

Whenever I hear someone arguing for slavery, I feel a strong impulse to see it tried on him personally.




10 comments:

Unknown said...

Love this one:

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

So very true!

Anonymous said...

I love the last one. Excellent my friend. Have a great Sunday and week ahead :)

Peggy said...

Love love love Honest Abe:
I've read so many and I always come back to .. "am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crises. The great point is to bring them the real facts."

Jennifer said...

Brilliant Quotes! This is so very, very true: "No man has a good enough memory to make a successful liar." Pity more do not head the advise and tell the truth. Happy Sunday!

Unknown said...

Love this one- No man has a good enough memory to make a successful liar.
I know soo many people who need to have this ingrained into them.

Unknown said...

Great quotes today! I always love reading quotes by Lincoln!

Leslie said...

Abe's always a good source of quotes!

My fav~

No man has a good enough memory to make a successful liar.

Joyful said...

I believe we need another President like Abe Lincoln. `Honest Abe`
I like the quote `Leave nothing for tomorrow which can be done today`

Blessings,
Joyful

Serendipity is Sweet said...

Wonderful, especially the last one!

kanishk said...

love the last one. Excellent my friend. Have a great Sunday and week ahead :) Work From Home