I couldn't wait to read the Chicken Soup: Thanks Mom. I have a great relationship with my own mother and grandmother, and really wanted to read about other peoples' relationships.
A mother's job is never done, but in Thanks Mom, she gets the praise she deserves. Children of all ages share their words of gratitude and appreciation in this new collection of stories for moms. Daughters and sons retell tales of love and learning, celebrating moms, their wisdom, and all that they do. These stories of special memories, loving and hard lessons, unforgettable moments, laughter and tears, support and encouragement will bring any mom joy, inspiration, and amusement. Mothers of all ages, whether new moms, experienced moms, or grandmothers, will feel good about the recognition they receive. Expect plenty of celebrity contributors!
The book is divided into 9 sections, including Mom Knows Best, Mom to the Rescue, One of a Kind, My Mother's Legacy and more. Discount Shopping is a cute story with a valuable lesson from mom. The Note is a very touching story about a mother's love. Is Anybody Dead? is another touching story, also with a valuable lesson!
I am pleased to offer a copy of Chicken Soup for the Soul: Thanks Mom - 101 Stories of Gratitude, Love, and Good Times to 3 winners.
For your first (and mandatory) entry into this contest, comment with another Chicken Soup book you are interested in. Please make sure to leave your email address in your comments.
To earn extra entries you can (please leave a comment for each additional entry):
1) Become a follower of my blog or let me know if you already follow (you must follow publicly, I have to be able to see you)
2) Become an email subscriber of my blog or let me know if you already subscribe
3) Blog about this contest (and comment with the url)
4) Mention this giveaway on facebook with a link to this post (comment with your facebook name)
5) Add my button to your sidebar (and comment with the url)
6) Follow my Becca's Contest List blog
7) Follow me on twitter and tweet about the contest using "@sbshortie Win Chicken Soup for the Soul: Thanks Mom! http://beccasbackyard.blogspot.com/2010/04/chicken-soup-for-soul-thanks-mom.html" (comment with your twitter name and the url of your tweet)
8) Become my friend on Facebook (click here and comment with your facebook name)
This contest is open to anyone with a US or Canadian mailing address that is 18+. Contest ends Sunday, May 2nd at 11:59 pm pacific time. Winner will be picked and notified by email shortly after.
I was sent a copy of the book to review and the company is sending out the books to the winners. All opinions are honest and my own.