Sunday, January 16, 2011

Blog Gems - #1

I am looking for some new memes to try out, to maybe help me be better about blogging every single day.  I found an awesome one today called Blog Gems - Air Your Archives and is hosted at The King and Eye.

The point of the meme is to link up to an old blog post that would otherwise be forgotten.  There is a theme each week.  The theme this week is "an event in your life".

I hope I followed the prompt correctly.  I linked back to when I first got my geckos.  They were so small and sickly.  You can see the post here.

Here are a few current pictures to see how much they have changed.

Dale on the side of his log 

Chip in the corner of the tank - look at the vibrant colors!

Chip hiding under that little log

Dale up on his log.  Notice how vibrant his colors are also.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh WOW!
They are so beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Oh WOW!
They are so beautiful!

Trish@Show and Tell said...

I love your geckos Becca. They are beautiful.

We have lots of "household" geckos living in our backroom. They are such lovely gentle creatures. They keep me company while I sit at my computer.

x

@jencull (jen) said...

Hi, lovely to meet you. Thank you so much for the mention and for joining in Blog Gems :) Jen

Terra Heck said...

Your geckos are very nice looking. I have a few questions for you. Sorry to be a bother and I know you're not an expert but I have a gecko situation myself. We got a gecko from my daughter's school in March of last year. It seemed to be doing really well until a month ago. I know that it's colder weather but we've done what we can to ensure it is warm. It seems to be getting smaller and not eating like it should. It usually feasts on crickets. We've bought calcium powder and Vitamin D spray which we've been using regularly. I know they shed and it seems to be shedding more often now but not getting any bigger. It seems to be sluggish and slow. Any advice? Thanks in advance.

Life Is A SandCastle said...

I di not know they have spots.

Anonymous said...

Resources like the one you mentioned here will be very useful to me! I will post a link to this page on my blog. I am sure my visitors will find that very useful.