Friday, January 14, 2011

Aloha Friday #29 - Sleeping




Welcome to this week’s edition of Aloha Friday. Thanks to Kailani at An Island Life for starting this fun for Friday. I’ll ask a simple question for you to answer. Nothing that requires a lengthy response. If you’d like to participate, just post your own question on your blog . Please be sure to head over to her blog to say hello and sign the Mr. Linky there if you are participating.


As I was trying to get comfortable in bed last night, I came up with my question for this week.  How do you sleep?  Do you lay on your side, back, stomach, other???  What do you do with your arms?

I probably sleep on my right side 90% of the time and on my stomach the other 10% of the time.  I am incapable of sleeping on my other side or on my back.  I have to have my hands in a certain way by my face on my side and laying flat on my stomach.  If I am on my side, I have to be holding a stuffed animal (or a rolled up shirt if I forget an animal).  If I try to sleep any other way nothing happens.  I really want to know if other people are as particular as me or if I am just really weird!

20 comments:

Stacy Uncorked said...

I can't fall asleep unless I'm on my stomach with one leg crooked and the other out straight... :)

Aloha Friday Follow: Detention

Jen @ 400 Calorie Dinners said...

Ever since I hurt my back 2 years ago, I have to sleep with 1 leg bent and 1 leg straight. I no longer need to because of the back, however I can't get to sleep if I am not in that position :)

Deni said...

I am most definitely a side sleeper, but I also turn and move a lot

TheAtticGirl said...

I sleep on either side or my stomach but I'm not a back sleeper.

http://atticgirl.blogspot.com/2011/01/aloha-friday-what-do-you-think.html

Auntie E said...

I start out on my side and then who know, but I wake up on my side. so I am going to say My side,Looks like Foetus, I must be with in the normal folks.LOL>
My Friday post-Got Plans? Hope you visit me and answer my question.

Charlotte | Life's a Charm! said...

I fall asleep on my right side. but I wake up to my crying baby at different positions each time. Is that weird?

I am Harriet said...

I lie on my back usually pinned in by my dogs :)

Have a great day!
http://harrietandfriends.com/2011/01/what-are-you-craving/

Anonymous said...

Usually I'm on flat on my stomach with my arms tucked around my pillow.

Thanks for visiting us at theexecmom.com!

Pamela M. Kramer - A Renaissance Woman said...

Right side with arms bent.

Rach said...

i sleep in the foetus position but with one leg out of the duvet

CMash said...

Since having 2 back surgeries in April, I have difficulty sleeping in bed due to the inablilty of straightening my spine. If I do sleep in bed, I am up every 2 hours due to pain so i alternate between bed and a recliner.

Menopausal New Mom said...

I sleep weird. 3/4 of the way on my stomach with my top leg bent and up. I know, it's a wonder I get any sleep Lol!

Anonymous said...

I'm like you. I have to sleep on my right side with my pillow just so and my hands just so. I also have to have my ear covered. No you aren't weird at all. Hehe.

lisababe said...

I sleep on my side too with one leg bent and one leg straight.. also I HAVE to have a fan on haha

Amy @ Coffee with the Mrs. said...

I'm a side sleeper and i tuck one arm under the pillow and curl the other up to my chest. I HAVE to fall asleep on my left side now...thanks to 2 pregnancies that taught my body to favor the left side. lol

Marie said...

I sleep on my right side most of the time, occasionally on my back. I used to always sleep on my left side, couldn't fall asleep otherwise, but after having my colon taken out last year and all the resulting problems I find I can't get comfortable that way anymore. So now it's the right side with my arms and legs tucked and three cats trying to snuggle in with me :-)

Kristen Andrews said...

I am a stomach sleeper and my left cheek has to be on the pillow

Colette S said...

I'm a foetus alright.

I sleep on my left side, knees bent a little, one hand by my face and the other between my thighs.

I can't sleep on my back or tummy. and if I sleep on the right side, it's rarely.

Smellyann said...

I sleep exactly the same was as Stacy Uncorked - but only in bed. I usually sleep on the couch, and then I am on my back. Go figure.

Tammy said...

I sleep on my stomach with my right arm tucked under my pillow...good question!! :)