I was super excited to receive this next Chicken Soup book that I am giving away because as I get healthier, I would like to start running. I am not sure there is any better exercise for the average person to help them get in shape and toned than to run!
When runners aren't running, they are talking about running, planning their next run, shopping for running. This book contains 101 stories from runners, telling their stories to other runners about. running — how it has changed their lives, their bodies, and their spirits. Runners will love these inspirational stories of fellow runners challenging themselves, recovering from injuries, and staying motivated. Chicken Soup for the Soul: Runners also includes amazing stories of marathons, camaraderie, and the natural high that comes from this popular sport. It holds plenty of stories for triathletes too, covering swimming and cycling.
The book is divided into 10 sections, including Starting Out, Family Ties, Fortitude, Moving on to Triathlons, and more. Taking a Leap of Faith caught my eye because of the title. Like the person in the story, I just need to take the leap and start! Nowhere to Go is a hilarious story about a man who has to pee and literally has nowhere he can go. The Broken Toe is a story about a man who runs a marathon with a broken toe. All I can say is wow!
I am pleased to offer a copy of Chicken Soup for the Soul: Runners - 101 Inspirational Stories of Energy, Endurance, and Endorphins to 3 winners.
For your first (and mandatory) entry into this contest, become a follower of my blog or let me know if you already follow (you must follow publicly, I have to be able to see you). Please make sure to leave your email address in your comments.
To earn extra entries you can (please leave a comment for each additional entry):
1) Comment with another Chicken Soup book you are interested in.
2) Become an email subscriber of my blog or let me know if you already subscribe (2 entries)
3) Blog about this contest (and comment with the url)
4) Mention this giveaway on facebook with a link to this post (comment with your facebook name)
5) Add my button to your sidebar (and comment with the url) (2 entries)
6) Follow my Becca's Contest List blog (2 entries)
7) Follow me on twitter and tweet about the contest using "RT @sbshortie Win Chicken Soup for the Soul: Runners! http://beccasbackyard.blogspot.com/2011/01/chicken-soup-for-soul-runners.html" (comment with your twitter name and the url of your tweet)
8) Become my friend on Facebook (click here and comment with your facebook name)
9) Join the online dominoes league that I host (for free) on Eliters. Play in at least one tournament. Comment with your username. (10 entries)
This contest is open to anyone with a US or Canadian mailing address that is 18+. Contest ends Sunday, Jan 30th at 11:59 pm pacific time. Winner will be picked and notified by email shortly after.
I was sent a copy of the book to review and the company is sending out the books to the winners. All opinions are honest and my own.