Monday, October 13, 2008

I don't want any sympathy....

I don't want any sympathy....I just want to tell everyone about the craziness of the last week.

Wednesday morning we went to my grandparents' house in Los Angeles for Yom Kippur.

On Thursday, my aunt told us they were rushing out to California (from Denver) to try to see her father-in-law before he died. The father-in-law died on their drive out here.

My mom and I decided to go down for the funeral which was scheduled for Sunday. My grandparents live in Los Angeles so we headed down Saturday morning to spend some time with them.

Saturday afternoon, my grandpa was feeling so sick he went to the emergency clinic. They sent him to the ER. After about 6 hours in ER, he was admitted as a patient and given a room in the real hospital. Once he finally got a room, my grandma and I went home so I could get some sleep before the funeral the next morning.

Sunday morning around 4:30 am, I woke up with food poisoning. I tried to ignore it and went back to sleep for about an hour. But then I couldn't take it anymore. But...I still went to the funeral because I wanted to be there for my aunt and my family.

Now my grandpa may or may not be needing surgery so we may be going back down to LA tomorrow.

2 comments:

Khadra said...

I hope you and your grandpa are doing better now.

Fantacy so Sweet-n-Stuff... said...

No sympathy, but definitely prayers and well wishes that your grandpa is ok (I will go see if I see any other posts with an update!) and I am guessing since you are posting so many crazy cool giveaways that your food poisoning was over and done with! :D Thank you so much for your generosity! Your entire family is in my prayers (and esp the ones who lost the FIL...esp with the upcoming festivals/holidays...).