Sunday, July 18, 2010

Craigslist is the Best!

A few weekends ago, I got a new dresser.  It's awesome!  I knew I had no use for my old dresser, and figured I would lug it to the thrift store as usual. 

And then one of my friends had a brilliant idea...to put it on craigslist and "trick" someone into coming and picking it up.  I was going to put it up for free, but then I decided to try and charge $10 to see if anyone would be willing to pay that.

It worked!!!  I made $10!!  I'm actually really excited.  It's only $10, but I also don't have to load up the dresser and take it to the thrift store!


Goodbye old dresser.  You were in the family longer than I have been.  You'll be missed!

Now if only someone wanted my tv...

6 comments:

Simply Being Mommy said...

I've never tried Craiglist, but congrats on the $10!

Michelle @Flying Giggles said...

I love Craigslist too!

Smellyann said...

Woohoo! I would've bought that dresser for ten bucks, too!

Gem said...

omg..i think i had the exact same style of dresser, except it was wider w/6 drawers. it looks the same!

we gave it away to someone who just moved to the island...

Anonymous said...

yay! Hope you enjoy your new dresser!

Felicia said...

I love Craigslist! I have made quite a bit of money and cleared out our home of unwanted things!! Just be careful with it! I would suggest meeting them in a public location for sure.