Friday, November 4, 2011

Hummus Bar & Grill

A few different friends recently recommended a restaurant in Tarzana, CA to us.  It is called Hummus Bar & Grill and it definitely lived up to everyone's recommendations.

Their menu is 1/2 English and 1/2 Hebrew which is just cool to look at!  We ordered a variety of items.

We started with hummus & beef.  There are no words to describe how tasty it was.  I even forgot to take a picture until it was almost gone!


They also start you off with HOT out of the oven laffa.  Laffa is basically big pita bread.  I had never had it before...but now I can't wait to have it again!


I ordered schnitzel for my lunch.  Schnitzel is basically boneless meat, flattened, coated in bread crumbs and fried.  My mom said it looked like any other chicken patty...but she just doesn't appreciate the amazingness of schnitzel!


My mom, nana and sister ordered meat kebabs.  I don't understand the appeal of those so I guess we are even!


Some crazy people in my family ordered Israeli salad as one of their side dishes (the entrees all come with two!)  Israeli salad comes with tomatoes and cucumbers and you could not pay me enough to eat either of those.


The staff was all friendly.  The food was all delicious.  I am so glad we were able to take my mom there for her birthday!  I can't wait to go back!

No comments: