Sunday, January 28, 2018

January Books Read

I surpassed my reading goal for January!  I managed to read 7 books!  I always keep track of the books I read every year on my blog sidebar, so feel free to follow along with my reading!


The Ice Cream Makers by Ernest van der Kwast was the only book I didn't really like.  I read the whole thing because I was curious about the story line, but it took a lot of effort for me to pick up the book.

The Gatecrasher by Madeleine Wickham was a light and fun book.  It followed the story of a woman like no one you have ever met before!

Spring Fever by Mary Kay Andrews was an amazing story!  I could hardly put it down.  It is the story of a family and their friends, running an independent soda company in a small town.  I would highly recommend this book!

Mind Tryst by Robyn Carr was also really good.  She normally writes more romantic type books, so I was excited to read a suspense book by her.  It is about a woman who moves to a small town to get away from her past, but then she starts having problems.

Wired by Julie Garwood was another really good book.  It is about a super genius computer programmer.  It doesn't talk about programming really, so you don't have to be a computer nerd to love this book.  If you are like me, you will find yourself rooting for her!

The Summer that Made Us by Robyn Carr was also fantastic.  It is about sisters and cousins and the lake house they grew up in.  Books like this are the reason Robyn Carr is one of my favorite authors.

The Store by James Patterson felt like the future, when Amazon takes over the world.  It is a good reminder to all of us to remember not to let the internet, Amazon, etc take over our lives!

I hope my short by sweet book reviews have maybe given you an idea or two for your next book to read.  If you have any great books for me, let me know!

9 comments:

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Becca - always interesting to see what others are reading - so thank you for these ... cheers Hilary

Sherry Ellis said...

Wow! You've read a lot of books already! Good job!

Smellyann said...

Wow! You really are a prolific reader! I used to be like that, but I have not read one book (unless looking into my backyard chicken book counts!) this month. Sad, really. Some of the ones you posted about sound right up my alley!

Sandee said...

I've read a few of these. Good books.

I've a new website: Comedy Plus

Have a great day. ☺

Midnight Cowgirl said...

Spring Fever sounds like a fun read!

Gingi said...

WHOA, you are a mega super book reader!! I couldn't finish one book this month! *sobs* - http://www.domesticgeekgirl.com

klahanie said...

Hi human, Becca,

Well done, my nice human friend, on surpassing your reading goal for January.That's quite the collection of books you've read. Thanks for the short reviews.

I read a really great book to my human dad, Gary. The book was titled, " See Spot Run."

Pawsitive wishes,

Penny

Susan Cook said...

wow good job. I used to read a lot, but been slacking lately. that is awesome :)

Liz Mays said...

Ooo, I haven't read any of these yet! Thanks for the suggestions! I'm in a reading mood big time!