Sunday, January 14, 2018

My First Time at a Dog Show

A few months ago, I went to the Treasure Valley Dog Show, a local dog show.  They have agility and traditional show ring competitions.  It was my first time ever going to a dog show, and it was the coolest thing ever!

When we first walked in, there were young children and teenagers using balloon animals to do a mock dog show.  It was one of the cutest things I have ever seen in my whole life!

I had to get a picture of a cocker spaniel with a show cute since my Hunter will never look like this! LOL

When I was a little kid, Bedlington Terriers were my favorite breed of dog.  I thought they looked like sheep and I really wanted to own one.  I was really excited to see one here.

I honestly think I took a picture of this Dalmation for my mom.  They used to be so common years ago, and now I feel like they are actually kind of rare.

Who could resist a picture of this Poodle with a full show cut and brush out?  I work at a veterinary clinic, so we mainly see pets who are cut fairly short.  It was amazing how different all of the dogs look with completely different hairstyles.


I honestly cannot wait to go back this year.  I would like to spend more time there next time just watching all of the breeds compete.  This really was heaven for a dog lover like myself.

6 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

How fun was that! So glad you got to go. I think I would enjoy something like that.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Becca - so glad you were able to go ... they put so much work into their presentations ... fun to be a part of - cheers Hilary

Smellyann said...

How cool! Now i want to go to one, too! What a fun expedition for you. :D

Rita said...

I've never been to a dog show. But I have worked at local pet shops and watched the dogs come in for grooming and be transformed! :)

Gingi said...

I have never been to one, but I have always wanted to check one out!! - http://www.domesticgeekgirl.com

Tamara Camera said...

Aww! I've never been to one but I love to watch them on TV and vote for the northern dogs.