Friday, June 10, 2011

2010 Books Read

Oh dear....I failed at blogging about all of the books I read last year...and this year.  I am going to give brief summaries to finish my list of what I read last year.

Dear John by Nicholas Sparks - I read this before and after watching the movie and really enjoyed it.  It was somewhat different than the movie, but I would definitely recommend both!

Run For Your Life by James Patterson - I like James Patterson's books about Detective Michael Bennett.  They are a refreshing change from his Alex Cross series.

Don't Look Twice by Andrew Gross - I honestly don't remember this book at all.  I think that might not say much about it....

Night Tales: Nightshade & Night Smoke by Nora Roberts - I honestly just loved that these two stories were related.  Normally stories printed together have nothing to do with each other.

Fantasy in Death by J.D. Robb - This was one of my favorite books of the "In Death" series.  It is about a virtual reality video game programmer who is killed.  I feel like this book could almost happen today!

Matters of the Heart by Danielle Steel - This book broke my heart.  It is about a photographer named Hope Dunne and the man who she falls in love with.

Somebody Else's Daughter by Elizabeth Brundage - Nate and Cat give up their daughter Willa for adoption...and 17 years later Nate ends up teaching at the school Willa attends.  Very powerful!  I loved this book!

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, The Girl who Played with Fire, The Girl who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson - These books were excellent.  If you liked one, you will like all 3.  I can't wait for the American versions of the movies to start coming out!

3 comments:

MultipleMum said...

I have only read the Millenium trilogy from your list. Why wait for the American movies? The Swedish ones are awesome! x

MultipleMum said...

PS: You are clearly an avid reader! Hats off to you x

Lisa Weidknecht said...

Following you from Christmas in July! Weidknecht.blogspot.com