I recently made chocolate chip muffins for my grandparents. I used the recipe at Cupcake Rehab located here. Her tops came out crumbly looking and mine came out smooth so they are a bit different - but I tried my best to follow her recipe exactly. They tasted good and that's all that really matters to me in the end!
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup light-brown sugar
1/3 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
2/3 cup milk
½ cup butter — melted and cooled
2 eggs – beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
6 ounces mini chocolate chips (I used regular because I couldn't find minis)
1) Preheat oven to 400 F. and grease up twelve muffin cups or put liners in them. I did liners.
2) In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugars, baking powder, and salt.
3) In another bowl, stir together milk, eggs, butter, and vanilla until blended.
4) Make a well in center of dry ingredients; add milk mixture and stir just to combine.
5) Stir in chocolate chips.
6) Spoon batter into muffin cups, filling them as much as possible; bake 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center of one muffin comes out clean.
7) Remove muffin tin to wire rack; cool 5 minutes and remove from tins to finish cooling.