Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Weight

I finally figured out why my weight has been going up up up lately (basically, I gained back every pound I had lot...which was between 15 and 20)

I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism last July. It's not so serious and very easily corrected with medication.

Well...my medication basically quit working, one of the side effects of which is weight gain.

So I went to the doctor on Monday after my weekend away and she wrote a new prescription for double the dosage!

She said being on the new dosage I will be able to lose the weight, but it won't just come off. I will have to re-diet and exercise like I did before...not just maintenance!

Needless to say I'm not thrilled...but what choice do I have? I can keep looking like this (not so bad but not to my liking) or I can re-lose all the weight.

I am trying really hard...wish me luck!

No comments: