1 (3.5-4 lb) whole chicken, cut into pieces
1/3 cup olive oil
3 teaspoons kosher salt
2 teaspoons freshly ground pepper
2 (8.5 ounce) pouches microwavable ready to serve rice (We used cheese flavored rice)
1 pound fresh broccoli
2 (8 ounce) packages fresh cremini mushrooms, sliced (We only used one package)
1) Preheat oven to 425F
2) Rub the chicken pieces with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil; sprinkle with 2 teaspoons of the salt and 1 teaspoon of the pepper
3) Spread the rice in an even layer on a heavy duty aluminum foil lined baking sheet, breaking up the clumps of rice
4) Cut the broccoli into florets. Toss together the florets, 2 tablespoons of the oil, and 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and pepper in a medium bowl; spread in an even layer over the rice. Toss together the mushrooms and the remaining oil, salt, and pepper, and spread over the broccoli and rice.
5) Place the chicken pieces, skin side up, 1.5 inches apart on the broccoli and mushrooms.
6) Bake at 425F until a meat thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the chicken registers 165F, about 1 hour.
7) Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Recipe slightly adapted from One Sheet Eats cookbook.