Thursday, August 22, 2013

My New Love - Yoga

I was introduced to yoga almost 18 months ago.  I hated the first few classes but slowly started to really like it.  Unfortunately, the studio I was going to hadn't really opened yet so they only offered classes while they were doing teacher trainings for their other studios.  But a few months ago, the friend who introduced me to yoga started teaching at a new studio called Divinitree.  They were offering an amazing monthly deal when they opened so I signed up for it.  Divinitree has a hot room and a regular room.  They offer 15-20 classes most days.  I am trying to go 3-4 times a week.  I think it is really helping with my weight maintenance / loss.

Some of my favorite poses are:

Pigeon pose

Camel Pose

Tree Pose

Have you ever tried yoga?  If so, do you have a favorite pose?  Or, do you have a preference of hot or regular?

3 comments:

Renegades said...

I have not tried yoga but I have Zumba and I really enjoy it.

Carrie - ASassyRedhead.com said...

Nine years ago right after my divorce, I decided I was gonna try it.

I paid for about 6 weeks of beginner easy classes.

I LOVED IT. I went for 2-3 sessions a week. Where I live now they don't offer classes but I'd love to get back into it. I'd want to start over with beginner sessions again though.

Best thing I ever did for myself.

Natalie said...

I just started and love it! The camel pose is hard for me because I have a long torso lol. I do love the pigeon pose!