Monday, June 7, 2010

Family

I hope no one thinks that I have problems.  I just posted about the facebook/worker girl and now I am going to post something about a family member.  I just love getting advice from people who are totally uninvolved.

I have always been fairly close with my aunt.  We all lived with my grandma for a while when I was growing up, and we have kept a close relationship since.

A little over a month ago, we got in a fight over AIM because I finally spoke my peace about what an idiot she can be.  We haven't spoken since.  For the first few days I felt kinda weird.  But now that I have had time to really think about it, I don't really miss talking to her.  She is so self-absorbed (without even knowing it) that she probably couldn't tell you anything more than the basic facts about me (even though we used to talk almost every single day).  She is judgmental of everyone who isn't Jewish like she is, and she is even judgmental of most people who are.  I could go on and on, but I'm sure no one wants to read it.

Since that day, neither of us have tried to speak to the other one.  I don't think I would ignore her if she spoke to me, but I have no desire to initiate contact.

Thoughts???

7 comments:

Smellyann said...

Make peace. Life is short.

Anonymous said...

Okay here's my take on this. Yes life is short but you gotta be happy with yourself first and foremost and if this does the trick then why bother. I'm currently going through this with my aunt and uncle. I could care less about them any longer. They did my mom wrong and that is one thing No one better ever do. So if I talk to them or not doesn't matter to me. They wouldn't make a good pimple on my big white ass. Do I feel remorse or regret doing that. Hell no. I'm happy as a pig in doo doo. My life is to short and I have to enjoy it and live it the way I want and not have to worry about someone else's poor behavior. I wont speak to them again and wont miss it either. Does that make me a bad person. Hell no. It makes me me and makes me happy!!! I say do what you gotta do :)

Michelle @Flying Giggles said...

I agree with Smellyann. You guys can make peace, but do not have to be best friends.

Forget Shyness Reviews said...

I think the majority of the world would disagree with me. But, I think that it's silly to deal with someone for your ENTIRE life if you really don't care for them, and you aren't benefiting each others lives. I dunno. Although your case doesn't seem to be nearly as bad, some peoples families can be borderline emotionally abusive, and people will still tell them "oh but thats your aunt". I just think that's silly. Family is suppose to be supportive of each other, and benefit each other. If it's not benefiting anyone, why bother?

However, if I were you I'd probably be completely "Decent" if we ran into each other at family get together, etc. Just to keep the peace. It's not probably worth fighting or causing stress over.

AudreyO said...

I'm curious what the "make peace" means to those who have posted that. From what's posted here, it sounds like should contact be made, you'd say "hi" but that you're not interested in a "relationship" at this time.

I'm actually 100% in agreement with Forget Shyness.

Anonymous said...

See my friend you are on the right track if you ask me. :)

A GAL NEEDS... said...

It's wise to never burn bridges. Someday you'll be glad you didn't. In other words, you can still be civil and polite to her right now, but you don't have to intentionally seek her out other than when you are obligated. She'll probably know why you are cooling off, anyway! Good luck!