Friday, December 2, 2011

How To: Bake Imitation Red Lobster Biscuits

Like most people, I love the biscuits from Red Lobster.  Since we don't have one within 30 miles of us, I googled how to make their biscuits at home.  I found a really simple recipe.  While I don't know if what I found is an exact duplicate, it is delicious and everyone at Thanksgiving dinner was thrilled!

2 cups Bisquick
2/3 cup milk (I used soy milk because we didn't have regular milk on hand)
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I used sharp cheddar)
1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted (I used stick butter)
1/4 tsp. garlic powder

1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.


2. Mix Bisquick, cheese and milk until a soft dough forms.  (I just did this with a big spoon.)


3. Drop by spoonfuls onto an ungreased baking sheet.


4. Bake 8-10 minutes until golden brown.  (I think ours cooked closer to 12.)


5. Mix melted butter and garlic powder in a bowl.


6. Brush mixture over warm biscuits before removing from baking sheet.


7. Enjoy!

Have you ever made a recipe to mimic one from a restaurant?

7 comments:

AudreyO said...

I so love the Red Lobster biscuits. These come out great too.

Vicki said...

THANKS SO MUCH!!!
I love RL biscuits and have thought about looking for a recipe.

An Apel a Day said...

Those sound really good!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Thanks for stopping over today. A blogger friend of mine posted this recently and I was going to try them this weekend. She put another spice in hers that I was going to leave out. Glad to see you don't have it in yours. They sound so yummy!! Have a great weekend.

Serendipityissweet said...

Their biscuits are so good. Thanks for the recipe!

Texas Type A Mom said...

Yum! I love the cheese biscuits at Red Lobster - one of my big reasons for going. I'm going to have to try these out!

Aleksandra Nearing said...

Yum, those look tasty! We love biscuits for breakfast!