Like most people, I love the biscuits from Red Lobster. Since we don't have one within 30 miles of us, I googled how to make their biscuits at home. I found a really simple recipe. While I don't know if what I found is an exact duplicate, it is delicious and everyone at Thanksgiving dinner was thrilled!
2 cups Bisquick
2/3 cup milk (I used soy milk because we didn't have regular milk on hand)
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I used sharp cheddar)
1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted (I used stick butter)
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
2. Mix Bisquick, cheese and milk until a soft dough forms. (I just did this with a big spoon.)
3. Drop by spoonfuls onto an ungreased baking sheet.
4. Bake 8-10 minutes until golden brown. (I think ours cooked closer to 12.)
5. Mix melted butter and garlic powder in a bowl.
6. Brush mixture over warm biscuits before removing from baking sheet.
Have you ever made a recipe to mimic one from a restaurant?