Monday, December 19, 2011

Spring Garden in Ventura, CA

As you can tell from my blog, my family loves to eat.  A while ago an ad popped up on my mom's Kindle for a voucher for a Chinese restaurant about 30 minutes away called Spring Garden in Ventura, CA.  Last weekend, we decided to try it out.

My mom, my dad, my sister and I all have different tastes but we like to order family style so we ordered 4 dishes plus fried rice.  Below are the delicious dishes we ordered:

Fried rice.  This came with the meal.  It only had some pieces of egg in it so I loved it!

Orange beef.  This beef was amazingly tender and the sauce was delicious.

Honey walnut shrimp.  I don't eat shrimp but the walnuts were really good LOL

Chicken egg foo young.  I really liked the chicken in this dish but didn't love the patty part for some reason.

Cashew chicken.  This was delicious.  I only wish I had ordered it with white meat.

This place was really, really good.  The service was excellent and the food was all tasty!  Although this restaurant is a bit of a drive for us, I have a hunch we will be going back.  Try out Spring Garden if you are ever in Ventura and craving Chinese food.

4 comments:

AudreyO said...

Their food was just excellent. What a fun way to discover a new restaurant.

An Apel a Day said...

I think I would like the Orange beef the best. Looks really yummy!

http://theapels.blogspot.com/2011/12/ww-santa-and-pink-poodles-linky.html

Emmy said...

Oh that sounds good! I can't wait until my kids are old enough and have expanded their pallets to try out new places like this.

Amy said...

Now I want to eat some yummy Chinese food.. Sorry it took so long to stop by..