Saturday, December 3, 2011

Two New Restaurants - Asaka and Mama Terano

I did a bad thing....I went out to dinner twice last weekend and forgot to take pictures of our food.  Both restaurants were so amazing though that I want to share them with everyone incase they are ever in Rancho Palos Verdes, CA.

My grandparents have a routine.  They do the same things all the time.  They buy one kind of chip, visit the same few restaurants, etc.  I can't take it!  I love new things!  So on our last visit to see them, I asked them if it would be okay if we went to new restaurants.  I presented them with a few options and they picked an Italian restaurant named Mama Terano and a Japanese restaurant named Asaka Sushi & Grill.

Asaka was fantastic!  They had my two favorite items and they made them really well.  I love agedashi tofu (basically fried tofu in a sauce) and spider rolls (fried crab sushi).  Do you notice I like fried food?  My mom ordered fish katsu (fried fish...see a pattern?).  My grandparents ordered mixed tempura (shrimp and veggies) and chicken teriyaki.  Everyone loved their food!

Everyone was happy at Mama Terano except for me.  I ordered a cheese gnocchi and it was just bland.  But my mom got potato ravioli in meat sauce and scarfed it down.  My grandparents got chicken parmesan and eggplant parmesan and they both loved it.  We did order garlic bread which I really enjoyed.  I would like to go back there and try a different dish.

I am always scared when suggesting new restaurants so I am thrilled that everyone was happy.

2 comments:

AudreyO said...

The ravioli was one of the best I've had. Their meat sauce was made with a roast, not ground meat and this made a huge difference.

Grumpy Grateful Mom said...

How fun! I don't go out to eat enough! I wonder if your grandparents will change up their eating habits now. :)