Friday, June 29, 2012

Brookfield Zoo Highlights Part 1

I am a total animal lover!  I talked my family into visiting the Brookfield Zoo while we were in Chicago.  This zoo spreads over 200 acres and is really awesome!

I am a lot shorter than a bear...but I am also taller than 4"...the picture lies LOL

This polar bear was awesome.  We got to see it eat marrow from a bone in the water...so neat!

Points to anyone who knows what this animal is.  I couldn't find a sign anywhere.

I love this rhino!  It looks so sweet :)

I am just gonna do a few pictures here and there so as not to overwhelm anyone!

5 comments:

Carrie said...

I love a day-long visit to a good zoo. The last time I went, was to the Houston Zoo with my nieces...several years ago.

They loved it and I loved it. And I could have stood and watched the monkeys for hours. HOURS!

I can't imagine 200 acres of zoo...you must've had a fabulous time!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

How exciting! There is a front entrance and a back entrance to the Brookfield Zoo. My High School is at the back entrance. I grew up there and sometimes we would walk through the zoo to get home if we missed the bus! When I read Water for Elephants I was so excited because at the end of the book he ended up staying at the Brookfield Zoo. They changed it for the movie.

Gem said...

I love going to zoos too...we try to visit a zoo whenever we go on vacation!

Anonymous said...

I have never ever been to a zoo! I want to so badly, love all of these pictures!!

Masshole Mommy said...

Looks like fun! My kids love going to the zoo and we go to the local zoos quite often.