Sunday, June 24, 2012

Sakura Restaurant - My Birthday Dinner

My family treated me for Japanese food on my birthday / Father's Day.  We went to Sakura Restaurant in Mt. Prospect in Illinois.  It is a tea house.  We and our table were kind of in a pit in the ground.  It was really cool and the food was excellent!

The super spicy Julian roll!

This is a close up of the Julian.  It contains smoked salmon, avocado, cream cheese, spicy mayo, deep fried with spicy sauce on top!

The small tempura plate.

The deluxe tempura plate.

Onions wrapped in beef.  Yummy!  We also got asparagus wrapped in beef...even better!

This place was so good.  We were a litty iffy about going for sushi in Illinois but it was amazing.  I would totally go back there if everyone wanted to (we travel to Illinois often).

8 comments:

Diane Fit to the Finish said...

Happy birthday! My husband loves Sukura but I have never been there.

Serendipityissweet said...

Wow, that looks so delicious!!! Happy birthday!!! ;)

Amanda said...

You have me so hungry after looking at all of these pictures! Maybe I'll get something like this for lunch :) That or make some quinoa since I have to go home to take the pup out.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

It all looks so delicious. I've only been once to a Japanese restaurant and enjoyed it thoroughly. So glad you enjoyed it!

Anonymous said...

YUM! I love Japanese, look at all those tempura, hhmmm... (and I've just finished my lunch)

Happy Birthday and um, Happy Father's Day :D

Terra Heck said...

Interesting dishes!

Liz Mays said...

Well, I'm glad you had such a nice birthday dinner! I don't do sushi, but it does look beautiful.

Cayce said...

Happy birthday, Becca! Oh, I love Japanese food. Thanks for sharing those yummy pictures :)