Friday, March 27, 2009

Crossword puzzles

Ok, I gave in and looked up blog writing prompts. I found one I liked asking about my hobbies. I picked crossword puzzles.

My dad has been doing crossword puzzles for as long as I remember, but they always seemed so hard to me. But one day, my 12th grade English teacher gave us a "free" day and handed out a few crossword puzzles for us to do. Since I didn't really have anything else to do, I gave it a try. I got some answers on my own. But then he helped me understand how the clues needed to be read and I was able to solve more. Since then, I've been hooked.

I buy crossword puzzle books, calendar-a-days and crossword puzzle dictionaries. I have tried them online also but prefer doing hard copies.

Do any of you like crossword puzzles?

No comments: