Saturday, May 23, 2009

$1 Old Navy Flip Flops


For the past few days, everyone had been blogging about $1 flip flops at Old Navy. So I asked my mom to go with me this morning to Old Navy. I figured out they opened at 10 am and we decided to leave the house at 9:30. We didn't leave til almost 9:40 and she didn't understand what my rush was.

When we got to Old Navy a few minutes before 10:00, there were at least 200 people waiting to be let in. The people I was most surprised to see were moms with strollers. These sales always turn into mob scenes and seem unsafe for little kids. I mean, people had their hands on the mall door (that metal grate thing) and were shaking it, while chanting "open the store".

My mom and I knew we had to separate so when the door opened I followed the crowd back to the huge display of flip flops. I stood there for a while, unable to push my way up. After a while tho, I got to the front and grabbed many pairs in my size and color. During this time tho, flip flops were thrown and hit my head, I was elbowed all over, I was stepped on and I was almost shoved into the racks that hold the flip flops. My mom had gone to the kids and grabbed the bigger kids sizes in a variety of colors. We met with our finds and figured out which colors we wanted and then got in the LONG line.

In the end, we came home with 9 cute pairs and a cute tote bag. What an experience!!!

4 comments:

Erica said...

I don't know why it didnt occur to me that it would be like that today at Old Navy. A friend of mine called down to the nearest old navy at around 3 and they were sold out from the way you are describing it most of them probably sold out within the first hour.:) well glad to hear you made it out in one piece and got the fam. some new sandals.

Unknown said...

I don't like shopping when it is like that. That is why I never shop after Thanksgiving. People are crazy. Glad you made it out safe and with the flip flops you want. I just run up to walmart or stage to get mine. I have so many I don't think I need anymore. TFS and have a wonderful weekend.

Kelly said...

Sounds crazy! I hope you enjoy your cute cheap flip flops. I always buy a couple each summer because there so cheap

Leslie said...

Just got back from our "Old Navy". It was crazy. I was looking for some shorts, but the line to try on clothes was about 15 people deep. Grrr....