Saturday, July 9, 2011

My Trip To Denver

I have been back from Denver for a few weeks now and haven't had a chance to post about my amazing trip yet!  We went out there for my cousin's 8th grade graduation but had plenty of time for sightseeing, eating, and seeing friends as well!

We started off our trip with lunch at Cici's Pizza.  Their commercials play here all the time but we don't have one.  I have been wanting to go for a LONG time!

Macaroni & Cheese Pizza...delicious!!!!

My amazing plate of dessert...the thing on the right was the best but I have no idea what it was!

That is me in front of Cici's to prove I finally got to go there!!

That night for dinner we decided to be adventurous and try a small, local restaurant.  My mom is newly obsessed with Middle Eastern / Mediterranean food so we ended up going for Syrian food at Ya Hala Restaurant & Grill.  It is a smaller restaurant but it had good Yelp reviews so we decided to go for it.

Every meal comes with a beautiful plate of hummus (and unpictured pita) to start

You also get soup or salad!

This is my delicious falafel plate.

These are my mom's meat kebabs.  They are beef, that's all I know!

The next night for dinner we met my friend Danny who goes to college in Denver.  He suggested a favorite of his: Mici.  It is a family owned and operated business.  They have delicious food and amazing gelato!

I went with Gorgonzola pasta because not many places offer Gorgonzola cream sauce.  It was delicious and so was the bread!

That is my mom's lasagna after she had already eaten half of it.  She loved it!

My mom with Danny

Danny and me

I have a lot more to share but don't want to bore anyone....to be continued!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It all looks so delicious! I would have wanted to taste it all. LOL