Sunday, November 4, 2012

Menu Plan Monday #8


mpm-1


Laura at Org Junkie runs Menu Plan Monday each week. 2 weeks in a row!

Monday - Lemon roasted chicken
Tuesday - Creamy avocado pasta
Wednesday - Meatball Subs
Thursday - Pizza night, hopefully we can make it at home using a free pizza crust coupon I won!
Friday - At the hopsital visiting grandpa
Saturday - At the hospital visiting grandpa
Sunday - Taco Salad

I want to make twice baked potatoes for a side dish one night :)

I will report back next Monday on if I stuck to my plan or not

Below is last week's report

Monday - Fish with Bone Suckin' Sauce - skipped this because I wasn't home.  I had a club supreme sandwich from Jersey Mike's instead.

Tuesday - Breakfast for Dinner - we made pancakes which were delicious.  There were a lot so I froze a few!

Wednesday - Bringing something in for my mom's birthday...maybe chili dogs or Mexican. :) - We ended up bringing in Chinese food.  We ordered chicken fried rice, sweet & sour fish, and chicken egg foo young.  Because I used to work in the same shopping center as Mandarin Palace (the best place in SB), the owner threw in free wonton soup!  Yay!

Thursday - Hamburger on a sandwich thin - I ended up at the hospital visiting my grandpa for 2 days.  I had a delicious pesto turkey panini in the hospital cafeteria though LOL

Friday - Lemon Roasted Chicken (trying a recipe from Budget Savvy Diva) - I just had a light dinner of leftover Chinese food from Wednesday.  I was exhausted after a 3 hour drive home.

Saturday - Creamy Avocado Pasta (trying a recipe from Simply Being Mommy) - I ended up dogsitting and having a TV dinner.  I will move yesterday and today's foods to the future!

Sunday - Bringing in Chinese to use my Axxess card - We ended up getting McDonalds because I wanted a free glass LOL

8 comments:

Liz said...

I like the recipe for lemon roasted chicken. Great for salads and pastas throughout the week. Thank you for sharing your menu. ~Liz @ Fresh Plate

Jennifer @ Healthy Kitchen Guide said...

I bet the creamy avocado pasta is yummy. I have been trying to include more avocado in our meals since it is such a healthy fat. I hope your grandfather is ok!

Becca @ The Earthlings Handbook said...

I like your name! :-) And I like the way you report on how your plan worked out. I post menu plans after we ate them because sometimes what I planned isn't what we ended up eating, but the journey from one to the other can be interesting.

I hope your grandpa is feeling better soon!

Becki said...

I'd love to hear how the creamy avocado pasta is.... sounds yummy!

Charla @ Healthy Home Blog said...

Your blog theme is so cute! I agree that the creamy avocado pasta sounds yummy! :)

Katrina said...

:D I sort of didn't stick my menu as well. We did stick to 3/4s of it, good enough lol!

The Groundskeeper said...

You mentioned twice baked potatoes, which I also was thinking about today while grocery shopping. Recently I was cooking with someone who knew more than I and we were making these. I mentioned that I would love to make them at home, but they always seem to time consuming. She mentioned that you can make them, stop before the second bake time, wrap and freeze them, then pull them out when you want them and finish cooking them. That was right up my alley as anything that I can do in a larger batch to use several times in the following month(s) is a time saver for me. Just thought I would pass that along, in case you didn't know it like I didn't at the time.

Anonymous said...

Creamy Avocado Pasta sounds to drool for! :)
Hope your granfather is fine.