Sunday, November 11, 2012

Menu Plan Monday #9

mpm-1


Laura at Org Junkie runs Menu Plan Monday each week. 3 weeks in a row!

Monday - Taco Salad
Tuesday - Grilled cheese with avocado and bacon
Wednesday - Baked potato bar :)
Thursday - BBQ hot dogs
Friday - Gina Chicken
Saturday - Parmesan tilapia
Sunday - Quesadillas with pesto and chicken

I want to make twice baked potatoes for a side dish one night :)

I will report back next Monday on if I stuck to my plan or not

Below is last week's report

Monday - Lemon roasted chicken - I actually made this!  It came out a bit dry so I froze the leftovers to shred and put in salad, quesadillas, or something at a later time.  The flavor was good tho! :)
Tuesday - Creamy avocado pasta - I made this one also!  The avocado sauce looked like guacamole and mostly just tasted lemony.  I wouldnt make this again. :(
Wednesday - Meatball Subs - I stressed over making meatballs from scratch and figuring out a sauce for them.  I ended up using my mom's turkey meatball recipe and just made the sauce from bbq sauce and grape jelly, cooked in the crockpot.  So delicious!
Thursday - Pizza night, hopefully we can make it at home using a free pizza crust coupon I won! - We ended up going to visit my grandpa a day early so I just had a turkey burger in the hospital cafeteria.
Friday - At the hopsital visiting grandpa - Hot dog for dinner.
Saturday - At the hospital visiting grandpa - Another turkey burger.
Sunday - Taco Salad - We were still in LA so we went out to dinner at a deli.  I had a club sandwich and fries :)

6 comments:

Jenifer S said...

Thanks for sharing the results from last week's plan. It's encouraging to see that I'm not the only one who falls off the menu plan and ends up eating out.

I am sorry that your grandfather is ill.

Unknown said...

Our plan from last week looks the same!!! My guys have had the flu, so everything changed. But I always tell myself that it's a PLAN...to help me know what to do, and if I need it to change, it can change! :)

Cathy said...

Hope your grandpa is doing ok now.

What is Gina Chicken?

Janie said...

BBQ hot dogs!?! How have I gone my whole life without ever combining my two favorite things!!

Julia said...

Grilled cheese with avocado and bacon sounds so good! I don't know why we haven't done that yet. I'm going to have to add it to a future list! The Gina Chicken looks good too! Thanks for stopping by today!

Miz Helen said...

Hi Becca,
Your menu looks awesome! Thanks for sharing and stopping by to have tea with me. Hope you have a great week and come back soon!
Miz Helen