Monday, November 12, 2012

Recipe: Crockpot Turkey Meatballs

I have never been a meatball lover but I need to eat some new foods so I decided to have meatball sandwiches for dinner one night last week.  Below is the recipe:


Meatballs:
2 pounds ground turkey meat
1 small onion, chopped in a chopper
1 cup of crushed wheat crackers (about 3/4 sleeve)
3/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 cup milk (I used soy milk)
1 egg

Sauce:
1 jar of grape jelly
1 bottle of bbq sauce
I also filled each container with water to make the sauce more liquidy

1. Mix meatball ingredients together.  Make sure the mixture is firm enough for the meatballs to form.



2. Form your meatballs and put them in the crockpot in 2 layers.



3. Pour the jelly, bbq sauce, and water on top of the meatballs.


4. Cook on high for 4 hours and on low for 2 hours.

5. Eat up!

Just pretend this is a white roll instead of a hot dog bun LOL

2 comments:

Pary Moppins said...

I have heard of the grape jelly/bbq sauce combo thing before. How was it? Looks yummy in a wheat hot dog bun. :)

Janie said...

Mmmm turkey meatballs:) For leftovers, try putting them on a hoagie bun! Delish!