My grandparents asked for chocolate chip cookies but that gets boring so I made bars instead.
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup butter (2 sticks), softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
11.5 oz milk chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 9x13 baking pan.
2. Combine baking soda, flour, and salt in a small bowl.
3. Beat butter, both sugars, and vanilla in a large bowl.
4. Add eggs in one at a time.
5. Stir in chocolate chips.
6. Spread into pan. This is hard...the batter is thick!
7. Bake 20-30 minutes or until golden brown.
8. Cool in pan on wire rack.
9. Try not to eat them all!
I adapted the recipe a little from Very Best Baking.