Monday, November 26, 2012

Recipe: Apple Sour Cream Pie

As I said a few weeks ago for Aloha Friday, it was my job to provide desserts for Thanksgiving dinner.  Someone suggested apple sour cream pie.  I don't like sour cream but I decided to try it because I wanted something new.  I was not disappointed!  I took the recipe from about.com.

Main Ingredients:
2 cups finely chopped tart apples (We used 2 Granny Smith apples)
3/4 cup sugar
2 tbsp flour
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/8 tsp salt
1 cup sour cream
1 egg
1 pie shell unbaked (We used a Pillsbury premade crust)

Topping Ingredients:
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/3 cup flour
1/4 cup butter (1/2 stick)

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

1. Mix 3/4 cup sugar and 2 tbsp flour together.
2. Add in sour cream, vanilla, egg and salt.
3. Add in chopped apples.
4. Pour mixture into an unbaked pie crust.
5. Bake for 20 minutes.



6. Change oven temp to 325 degrees.
7. Combine 1/3 cup sugar with 1 tsp cinnamon and 1/3 cup flour.
8. Cut in butter.



9. Sprinkle topping over pie and return to the oven for another 20 minutes.




10. Eat up!

2 comments:

Stacy Uncorked said...

Ooooh! That sounds YUMMY! Thanks for the recipe - I'm definitely going to have to try making this! :)


Aloha: Nagging Mom Strike

Gem said...

That looks so yummy - especially the topping =)