Sunday, May 24, 2009

Quotable Sunday - #1


Toni at A Daily Dose of Toni hosts Quotable Sunday each Sunday. Although a lot of people are doing Memorial Day quotes today, I would like to share some quotes by Mark Twain.

Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.

Man is the only animal that blushes. Or needs to.

I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the difference between a dog and a man.

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt. (This is one of my all-time favorites.)

When in doubt, tell the truth.

Of all the animals, man is the only one that is cruel. He is the only one that inflicts pain for the pleasure of doing it.

8 comments:

Banteringblonde said...

that first one cracked me up! nice quotes!

Sweet Serendipity said...

I really like the 2nd and 3rd quotes. Happy QS :D

Jennifer-Eighty MPH Mom said...

These are good - I like several of them! The one about the dog is oh so true!

Have a great weekend!

Amy said...

Great quotes. I love the dog one. Then you have a post about dog treats. LOL

Unknown said...

I reall like the man and the fool one too! Thanks for sharing.

Leslie said...

I love Mark Twain quotes. He seemed to always tell it like it is!

My fav~

When in doubt, tell the truth.

Stacy Uncorked said...

Great quote choices! Love this one:

Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.

Too funny!!! Hope you're having a great weekend! :)

Unknown said...

Found your quotes -- your link was wrong it just kept going back to Toni's page.
Anyway love your quotes -- My favorite is #2.
TFS and have a wonderful Memorial Day