Thursday, May 14, 2009

You Don't Mess With the Zohan

A few weekends ago Starz did a free preview weekend, and I taped a ton of movies. One of them was "You Don't Mess With the Zohan". I heard it was not great but I love Adam Sandler so I decided to tape it anyway.

The movie was indeed silly, but typical of Adam Sandler comedies. It did have many Jewish and Arab references, music and language, so I could see where the average American might not enjoy it so much. Part of what I enjoyed was the great Israeli music, it's hard to find in America.

I would love to know what everyone who did see it thought of it.

If you are into Middle Eastern culture and comedy, I think you will enjoy this movie. If not, it's kind of up in the air.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm a red neck from Alabama, and in general I hate one and a half hour long Saturday Night Live skits.
This was a great movie in my opinion, but I'm an edumicataued red neck.
Not a block buster, but great to see on DVD with my NetFlix membership.

Britt (The Alabama Zohan!)