Tuesday, July 14, 2009

10 On Tuesday - Favorite 80's Songs



10 Favorite Songs of the 80's

Barry Manilow - Copa Cabana
2. Belinda Carlisle - Heaven Is A Place On Earth
3. John Cougar - Jack And Diane
4. B-52's - Love Shack
5. Madonna - Material Girl
6. Cyndi Lauper - Girls Just Want To Have Fun
7. The Bangles - Walk Like An Egyptian
8. Knack - My Sharona
9. Suzanne Vega - Tom's Diner
9.5 Violent Femmes - Blister In The Sun
10. Tommy Tutone - 867-5309/Jenny

Yes....I cheated. Get over it! :)

What are your favorite songs?

11 comments:

Bitter Sweet Moments said...

I cheated too:) I was a baby then..so I didn't really know what songs came from that year!!

Kiki said...

I definately wasn't a baby then, but I had to cheat, too, for a few of them! Now I have "867-5309" going through my head!

Nikki Dee said...

Great List! I love 80's music! I had trouble narrowing it down to just 10!

My list

Anonymous said...

Great list...Madonna is one of my all time favorties...Cyndi Lauper as well.

Dawn said...

You're pretty lucky to have been born then! It was a totally cool time! LOL!! (I graduated from HS in 84! Agh! Aging myself here.)

Love your list, it reminded me that I had my Belinda Carlisle & Cyndi Lauper tapes going all the time in my car back then. ;O)

Sheilacakes said...

Great list.

Grace said...

I love that "Copa Cabana" by Barry Manilow.
Actually, I love almost every song that comes out in the 80's.

MrsZeee said...

Madonna - Get into the Groove from Desperately Seeking Susan

Tara said...

I went to so many schools because my parents were missionaries..overseas..so we moved a great deal! Last I counted it was 55 or so to date lol

Thanks for visiting my blog today! :)

Tara
www.weightingforperfection.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

9.5 lol
Great list!
I love John Cougar!

~Andie~ said...

Great list. I know most of them ;-)Will go and have listen to the others now