Sunday, August 2, 2009

Quotable Sunday - #10


Toni at A Daily Dose of Toni hosts Quotable Sunday each week. This week I have decided to do quotes about grandparents due to the fact that I have been spending so much time with them.

What children need most are the essentials that grandparents provide in abundance. They give unconditional love, kindness, patience, humor, comfort, lessons in life. And, most importantly, cookies. ~Rudolph Giuliani

They say genes skip generations. Maybe that's why grandparents find their grandchildren so likeable. ~Joan McIntosh

No cowboy was ever faster on the draw than a grandparent pulling a baby picture out of a wallet. ~Author Unknown


The reason grandchildren and grandparents get along so well is that they have a common enemy. ~Sam Levenson

A grandmother pretends she doesn't know who you are on Halloween. ~Erma Bombeck

When grandparents enter the door, discipline flies out the window. ~Ogden Nash

I don't intentionally spoil my grandkids. It's just that correcting them often takes more energy than I have left. ~Gene Perret



10 comments:

Rhonda Gales said...

Love your grandparent quotes, especially "No cowboy was ever faster on the draw than a grandparent pulling a baby picture out of a wallet." ~Author Unknown

I'm a grandma, and it's so true, lol.

Stacy Uncorked said...

Love the quotes! This one's my favorite:

What children need most are the essentials that grandparents provide in abundance. They give unconditional love, kindness, patience, humor, comfort, lessons in life. And, most importantly, cookies. ~Rudolph Giuliani

That's how my grandparents were, too! :) Enjoy your Sunday!

Eighteen said...

Love the quotes. Thanks for your comment on Six Word Saturday. i've just done a blog entry about my tea-towel as mentioned in SWS.

MediMonsters said...

Great quotes. I miss my grandparents so much!

Have a great Sunday.

annies home said...

maybe that is the connection between the grandchildren and grandparents they have great similarties.

Leslie said...

This one is cute!

They say genes skip generations. Maybe that's why grandparents find their grandchildren so likeable. ~Joan McIntosh

Happy Sunday!

Erin said...

Thanks for sharing the sweet grandparents quotes and for leaving love on my blog! Hope you enjoy my blog!

Anonymous said...

OMGosh I loved the cowboy one. I think that is so true :) Great quotes

Jennifer said...

Beautiful photograph and lovely quotes. I like:
"I don't intentionally spoil my grandkids. It's just that correcting them often takes more energy than I have left." ~Gene Perret

Happy Sunday!

Gwen said...

these are all great! I will have to remember these for when I am a grandmother! hopefully not too much longer! LOL!!!