Even though I have been a big blog slacker, I couldn't wait to read the Chicken Soup: Thanks Dad. My dad and I have gone through some ups and downs, but I am lucky to have him and let's face it, everyone loves the guy!!
This book gives fathers the pat on the back they deserve. Children of all ages share their heartfelt words of thanks and loving memories in this collection of 101 new stories. Personal accounts of learning from Dad's example and lasting lessons, special moments and memorable outings, encouragement and expectations will bring any father joy, inspiration, and laughs. Whether the reader is a new dad, a father to one or more, a father of teens, a father of grown children, or a grandfather, these heartwarming and humorous stories will resonate with him. He may even find that his kids did pay attention after all! Expect plenty of celebrity contributors!!
The book is divided into 10 sections, including Lessons for Life, Through Thick and Thin, Everyday Heroes, Truly Grand Dads and more. The Silver Flute is a cute story that caught my eye because I was in band in high school and was very supported by both of my parents. Johnny caught my eye next and ended up making me chuckle. Do we all have a "bad" friend named Johnny in our lives? Good thing the auther's dad was there for her! The Shrubbery Massacre is a very touching story, with a valuable lesson!
I am pleased to offer a copy of Chicken Soup for the Soul: Thanks Dad - 101 Stories of Gratitude, Love, and Good Times to 3 winners.
For your first (and mandatory) entry into this contest, comment with another Chicken Soup book you are interested in. Please make sure to leave your email address in your comments.
To earn extra entries you can (please leave a comment for each additional entry):
1) Become a follower of my blog or let me know if you already follow (you must follow publicly, I have to be able to see you) (2 entries)
2) Become an email subscriber of my blog or let me know if you already subscribe (2 entries)
3) Blog about this contest (and comment with the url)
4) Mention this giveaway on facebook with a link to this post (comment with your facebook name)
5) Add my button to your sidebar (and comment with the url) (2 entries)
6) Follow my Becca's Contest List blog (2 entries)
7) Follow me on twitter and tweet about the contest using "RT @sbshortie Win Chicken Soup for the Soul: Thanks Dad! http://beccasbackyard.blogspot.com/2011/01/chicken-soup-for-soul-thanks-dad.html" (comment with your twitter name and the url of your tweet)
8) Become my friend on Facebook (click here and comment with your facebook name)
9) Join the online dominoes league that I host (for free) on Eliters. Play in at least one tournament. Comment with your username. (10 entries)
This contest is open to anyone with a US or Canadian mailing address that is 18+. Contest ends Sunday, Jan 9th at 11:59 pm pacific time. Winner will be picked and notified by email shortly after.
I was sent a copy of the book to review and the company is sending out the books to the winners. All opinions are honest and my own.