Thursday, April 15, 2010

5 Random Things Thursday


I was reading blog subscriptions today and saw this fun meme over at Miss Organic's Kitchen.  I just had to play along!

5 Random Things You Probably Don't Know About Me
1. I used to play flute and clarinet.  I did marching band for 3 out of 4 years in high school, playing flute.  I played in concert band every year, most years on clarinet.  I really loved playing flute, and would love to get back into it, even if it was only for fun at home.

2. I love video games!  But, I mostly love the puzzle type games.  I'm not good at intricate ones.  I own a Wii, and some of my favorite games are Cooking Mama, Wario Ware Smooth Moves and Mario Party 8.  I also love the workout games like Wii Fit and Wii Sports.
3. I love doing word games like crossword puzzles and word searches.  I also love game shows like Jeopardy and 1 vs. 100.
4. If you are a current reader, you probably know I have geckos.  But, these are not my first reptiles.  I used to own collared lizards.  They are gorgeous, but extremely hard to take care of.  After I lost the two pictured below, I gave up on lizards (for a short time) and collared lizards indefinitely.  Oh, their names were BamBam and Pebbles.
5. I love a local chocolate store called The Chocolate Gallery.  They have something called Texas Crunch that is the best dessert!  I think it is just toffee in chocolate, but the chocolate is beyond amazing.

I hope you have enjoyed reading a little bit about me.  If you want to participate, click here.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOOT!! So ya like to blow on instruments huh? LOL Video games I'm no good at. Love crosswords and scrabble. You are your reptiles. Chocolates...well hmmm I'll pass on those. Thanks for sharing these :)

Anonymous said...

I have 2 leopard geckos! I love them, but they can be a real pain sometimes!

Anonymous said...

I used to play flute, miss it! I love bearded dragons, never had a ghecko before! I love Cooking Mama but she always gets on fire and mad at me! LOL

Jen V said...

That chocolate is making me hungry!

I was in the marching band too. I twirled flags and rifles. It was the only part of high school I would go back and repeat.

Terra Heck said...

I played flute for one year in jr. high. I didn't do so well. The only song I remember knowing how to play was Ode to Joy.
We currently own an iguana and we're having one heck of a time training him. He has a little bit of an attitude! Over Christmas break we babysat for one of my children's science teacher's gecko. It seemed fairly easy to take care of. I've even thought about getting one to have now that we've had to give the one back. Are they as easy to care for as I assume?