Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Passover

Yay, Passover is over!!!  Although we aren't necessarily strict about Judaism laws, we are fairly strict during the week of Passover.

This definitely means no bread.  For us, it also means nothing containing corn (and corn syrup), soy, rice etc.  So basically, we only eat food that is labeled kosher for passover, and fresh fruits and vegetables.

Since most people aren't as strict about the holiday as we are, we end up cooking 3 meals a day for most of the 8 days.  Oh, and we observe 8 days, whereas a lot of people only observe 7.

Anyhow, I'm about to leave for Denny's.  I want a grilled cheese and seasoned fries. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I'm glad you made it and you go girl. Dig into all that good food :) I've had plenty of it while you did Passover. Shame on me

Michelle @Flying Giggles said...

Enjoy your grilled cheese! Way to stay on track for Passover!

AudreyO said...

Was it good? It's amazing how much you can miss something when you don't have it.

Emily @ Busy Mommy said...

I wish I knew more about Passover! It sounds like I would lose a lot of weight that week lol.

Yum, I love seasoned fries!