Saturday, April 3, 2010

Toyota

Oh man, we are having a rough time of things with Toyota.  About 11 or 12 years ago, my mom got a Toyota Camry and loved it.  We lease cars, so she got two more after that.  When I turned 18, I got a Toyota Corolla and loved it.  I am now on my 3rd one.  We had always had amazing cars.  But this third one is a piece of crap.

When I brought it in about 2 weeks ago, they informed me that the timing chain tensioner and C/V Boot both needed to be replaced.  Everyone I know said those things really shouldn't happen in a 3-year old car.  They also seemed to think it should be covered by the warranty.  So in dealing with the service manager, she went from over $600 to fix it down to about $300 or $350.  She also said something about a water pump being replaced for free the last time I went in, which wasn't in any paperwork they gave to me.  They did tell me my transmission fluid was black though and needed to be taken care of.

Now my mom has been on the phone dealing with corporate, who found another thing that was apparently replaced for free, and that I was never told about.  And, corporate is saying it IS covered under the warranty.

I am beyond frustrated with Toyota.  Not only are they putting out bad vehicles, but now they are trying to rip people off and not honoring warranties.  Sigh!!!!  Any advice for what different brand of car I should get when my lease is up in 2 years?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I owned a Prius. Had to have it when it first came out and had no problems. My niece bought it from me. You know now I own a Ford Focus. It's a great mid size car and gets great gas mileage and I've had no problem whatsoever. It's only 2 years old but it's great. 38 MPG. Hard to beat :)

Jennifer T said...

that's too bad! My first and my second car have been Corollas and I love it! I would love to have a Prius, but they really have to figure out what's going on with them first.

Night Owl Mama said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your car troubles hope that you can get it fixed soon. That is the worst to be out of a car.