Saturday, January 7, 2012

Szechuan Restaurant

We are really into trying new restaurants lately.  We love Chinese food, so we looked for a Santa Barbara restaurant we hadn't tried yet.  We decided to try out Szechuan restaurant on the Mesa.

The sesame chicken was amazing!  The sauce was delicious and the chicken was a very high quality!

I loved the sweet and sour fish.  My mom said the sauce was too mild but I didn't notice that.

They give you fried wonton strips with sweet and sour while you wait for your dinner!

The egg foo young was really yummy.  The sauce was amazing!

The fried rice was delicious...but cost us $6!!!!!  Be careful about this one.  They asked if everyone wanted fried rice and when we said yes, they charged us $1 per person plus another $3 because we only ordered three entrees.  This was definitely the only bad part of the meal.

I would definitely recommend this restaurant to people because of the delicious food.  Just be careful about the rice LOL

5 comments:

Char said...

I suppose when someone at a resturant asks if you want something like rice, you need to ask if it comes with the meal. I would have also assumed it did, but I have to say, that is quite a large pot of rice!
All the food looks good and my mouth is watering.
So happy you had a chance to eat at a new resturant with your family.
Thank you so much for your visit and your kind comments, it's nice to know you. Have a great 2012,
Char

Ginny Marie said...

We have a restaurant close to us called House of Szechwan, and we love it! We usually order white rice, though, so I don't know if they charge extra or not. The food you ordered looks delicious!

Kindlemom said...

I have been wanting Chinese food for the last few days and your post isn't helping! :P

It looks yummy!

Tammy said...

Yum! I would totally go there - I have noticed at local restaurants that sell "a la carte" in can start becoming pricey.

Ameena said...

I was just in Spain and I paid 6 Euros for plain boiled rice. I was IRATE! But that's how Asian restaurants make their money I guess!