Friday, January 6, 2012

Toys by James Patterson


One of the things I love about buying books and not reading them right away is that by the time I read them, I forget what they are about.  OMG was that the case with this book!  I thought it was going to be a run-of-the-mill action/mystery book like most of James Patterson's books, and I was so wrong!  It takes place in the future!

Toys revolves around Hays Baker.  He and his wife are Elites, a class above humans (called skunks in the book).  Elites can hear better, run faster, and smell better than humans.  The Bakers are rich, powerful and have a wonderful life...until everything changes one night.  Suddenly Hays is on the run and his whole life is turned upside down.

I seriously couldn't put this book down.  I had to know what was going to happen to Hays...if the bad guys were going to get him...etc.  I finished the book in about 24 hours.  It would be great if James Patterson wrote more novels in this futuristic genre.

Progress toward:

2012 TBR Pile Reading Challenge - 1/50
100+ Books In a Year - 1/100

6 comments:

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

I used to read a lot of Patterson but I stopped. It started to feel like his books had lost substance - like he was just whipping them out left and right without really creating the suspense that he had in the first novels that were so excellent.

Masshole Mommy said...

LOL - It's hard to find the time to read, isn't it? Sigh.

AudreyO said...

He is an author that I also can not put down.

marie said...

I love mysteries and thrillers. This book sounds really good. Hasn't James Patterson written about a gazillion books?

Just A Normal Mom said...

I love James Patterson! Will have to read this one...

Liz Mays said...

24 hours? Dang, girl! I am scared to read it because I tried his YA series and didn't like that at all. I kinda like his original style.