Sunday, June 14, 2009

Quotable Sunday - #4



Toni at A Daily Dose of Toni hosts Quotable Sunday each Sunday. I am leaving on a road trip tomorrow (Sunday) night. We will drive straight through to Idaho and get there mid-morning. Then I will be there until for just under 2 weeks until I fly to Colorado. I will spend a long weekend in Colorado and then fly to Los Angeles, go see my grandma for a day and then pick up my sister who is flying home from England and then home! In honor of all that, I am doing quotes on traveling.

Travel only with thy equals or thy betters; if there are none, travel alone.
-The Dhammapada

The saying "Getting there is half the fun" became obsolete with the advent of commercial airlines.
-Henry J. Tillman

I have found out that there ain't no surer way to find out whether you like people or hate them than to travel with them.
-Mark Twain

A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving.
-Lao Tzu

The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.
-St. Augustine

When preparing to travel, lay out all your clothes and all your money. Then take half the clothes and twice the money.
-Susan Heller

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the last one. Great list :)

Anonymous said...

I also love the last quote. Have a great day!

Stacy Uncorked said...

Those are great quotes! This one's so true:

The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.
-St. Augustine

Have fun on your trip - sounds like you have a lot going on the next few weeks! :)

Design It Chic said...

Oh i like these little quotes! Have fun on that long trip of yours!
Thanks for stopping by my blog the other day!
Happy Sunday!

Jennifer said...

Awesome quotes! My favourite is:
A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving.
-Lao Tzu

Unknown said...

Great quotes! I love that last one, it made me laugh because it is true for me!
Have a great trip!

I am Harriet said...

Love the Twain quote. It's so true!
http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2009/06/sunday-is-cool.html

betty said...

some trip you have planned! sounds like fun; I liked your travel quotes, the one by Susan Heller is great advice; I tend to take more clothes than money

enjoy your trip!

betty

MediMonsters said...

Oh, that last one is so so true!!

Have a great, safe trip!

Martha said...

I love the St Augustine quote.

Kekibird said...

Loved this one!

I have found out that there ain't no surer way to find out whether you like people or hate them than to travel with them.
-Mark Twain

Made me laugh. Have a great time on your trip!

Jennifer said...

LOL! I love the Twain and Heller quotes! So true!