Saturday, June 20, 2009

Quotable Sunday - #5



Toni at A Daily Dose of Toni hosts Quotable Sunday each Sunday.

Since I am having an amazing time with my family and in honor of Father's Day, I thought I would post a few quotes about family.

Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts. -Author Unknown

Any man can be a father. It takes someone special to be a dad. -Author Unknown

Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city. -George Burns

It is admirable for a man to take his son fishing, but there is a special place in heaven for the father who takes his daughter shopping. -John Sinor

Family life is a bit like a runny peach pie - not perfect but who's complaining? -Robert Brault

When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much he had learned in seven years. -Mark Twain

The family is one of nature's masterpieces. -George Santayana

13 comments:

Erica said...

Runny peach pie, love that!! :)

Martha said...

My Quotable Sunday

Great quotes. I especially like the one about nuts!

I am Harriet said...

LOL. Love George Burns.

http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2009/06/sunday-sunburn.html

Anonymous said...

Love the runny peach pie quote thats great! Have a wonderful day:O)

Jaime said...

all great quotes!

Stacy Uncorked said...

Love your quote choices! I hadn't heard this one, and love it:

Family life is a bit like a runny peach pie - not perfect but who's complaining? -Robert Brault

Glad you're having an excellent weekend! Enjoy the rest of your Sunday! :)

Omah's Helping Hands said...

Awesome quotes. I so agree with the one of mostly sweet with some nuts!!!
I left you a comment on mine in answer, but came here to follow up. You are the first person I've met in the area through the blogosphere. That is so cool. We'll have to meet up sometime. There is a lot to do, but it all depends on your interests. Drop me an e-mail and let me know what you like to do and I'll do what I can to help you out. tejrej@gmail.com Would love to hear from you.
Tammy

Unknown said...

Love this one:
It is admirable for a man to take his son fishing, but there is a special place in heaven for the father who takes his daughter shopping. Hubby hasn't learned this one yet, but he will.
Thanks for the great quotes today!

Jennifer said...

I love these! My favourite? "Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city." -George Burns

AudreyO said...

It is funny that we start out thinking we know more than our parents and then we begin to contact them and ask for advice from their years of experience and wisdom.

Golfersmom said...

This quote made me laugh:
Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts. -Author Unknown

I hope you are having a great Sunday.

Unknown said...

I love those! Especially the one about the nuts :-)

Kekibird said...

Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city. -George Burns

This one is my favorite! Thanks for sharing.