I was really excited when I received this NASCAR Chicken Soup book. I met a friend about 5 or 6 years ago who was really into NASCAR, and have since met many more friends who are really into it. Because of their love of NASCAR, I have definitely become more into it.
NASCAR and Chicken Soup for the Soul join forces, with well-known NASCAR columnist Cathy Elliott leading the charge. NASCAR drivers, their families, and teams slow down enough to share their stories of family, fortitude, and fast cars. Readers will get a behind-the-scenes look at the action on and off the track. Famous drivers and those closest to them, pit crews, families, and fans all share their stories of perseverance, triumph, comebacks, and life. Fans will get a front row view, and be inspired, surprised, and sometimes amused by these exclusive, up close stories from the track, pit, and the road.
The book is divided into 12 sections, including Lessons Learned, Dale, The Business of Speed, All in the Family and more. From Dumpsters to a Dream Come True is a cute story written by Joey Logano, who is best known for being young haha. Confessions of a NASCAR Convert kind of mimicked what I said above. Scott on a Stick was an amazingly touching story about a woman whose husband died of cancer.
I am pleased to offer a copy of Chicken Soup for the Soul: NASCAR - 101 Stories of Family, Fortitude, and Fast Cars to 3 winners.
For your first (and mandatory) entry into this contest, comment with another Chicken Soup book you are interested in. Please make sure to leave your email address in your comments.
To earn extra entries you can (please leave a comment for each additional entry):
1) Become a follower of my blog or let me know if you already follow (you must follow publicly, I have to be able to see you)
2) Become an email subscriber of my blog or let me know if you already subscribe
3) Blog about this contest (and comment with the url)
4) Mention this giveaway on facebook with a link to this post (comment with your facebook name)
5) Add my button to your sidebar (and comment with the url)
6) Follow my Becca's Contest List blog
7) Follow me on twitter and tweet about the contest using "@sbshortie Win Chicken Soup for the Soul: NASCAR! http://beccasbackyard.blogspot.com/2010/03/chicken-soup-for-soul-nascar-giveaway.html" (comment with your twitter name and the url of your tweet)
8) Become my friend on Facebook (click here and comment with your facebook name)
This contest is open to anyone with a US or Canadian mailing address that is 18+. Contest ends Sunday, March 14th at 11:59 pm pacific time. Winner will be picked and notified by email shortly after.
I was sent a copy of the book to review and the company is sending out the books to the winners. All opinions are honest and my own.