Monday, February 1, 2010

2010 Grammys

Just wanted to share my thoughts with everyone on the 52nd Annual Grammy Awards...

My first is from the Red Carpet.  I couldn't even handle how everything stopped when Lady Gaga got there.  All of the E! Crew stopped what they were doing to discuss Lady Gaga's outfit with one another.  Her outfits never fail to amaze me!

Oh gee, Lady Gaga opened the show.  Where did the yellow from her hair go???  And her crazy white outfit???  How did she get Elton John to be so silly with her? lol 

Did Stephen Colbert have a real iPad or a prop?  Hmmm

Song of the Year - Single Ladies by Beyonce and apparently some other people (which dance parody of this was your favorite? lol)

The band Green Day and the cast of American Idiot performance -  How interesting to hear girls singing 21 Guns.  I don't know if you all know, but I have loved Billie Joe Armstrong since I was a young girl.  I don't know what it is, but I think he is gorgeous and I love his voice.  Oh, I guess that's what it is LOL

Best Country Album - Taylor Swift.  She has been one of my favorites ever since she sang "Teardrops on My Guitar" with that little girl on America's Got Talent.  She has only gotten better since then!

Beyonce performance - Her voice is soooo strong!  She sang "If I Were A Boy" and "You Oughta Know"  I kinda wanted to see "Single Ladies" lol

Pink performance - What an interesting outfit.  Pink sure likes to be in the air lol.  I think I'd be too scared!  And she ended almost naked..she is too much!!!! :)

Walter C. Miller - Trustees Award - no idea what that is haha

Best New Artist - Zac Brown Band - I haven't listened to them very much but I have liked everything I have heard.  Upbeat Country music is great!

The Black Eyed Peas performance - Their outfits are always so over the top!  They're always amazing...what can I say?

Lady Antebellum performance - I don't really listen to them so I don't know anything about them.  Their performance was really good, they seem talented.  It wasn't as flashy as the others though.

Best Comedy Album - Stephen Colbert - Another person I don't really watch / listen to.  But people seem to like him!

Record of the Year - Kings of Leon / Use Somebody - To be nice...I will just say that most everyone I know really likes them!

Jamie Foxx and T-Pain performance - The performance was really good but I'm kinda ehhh on the song (Blame It (On the Alcohol)).  It's okay. **Uh oh, who is that third guy who just joined them on stage?  Sometimes I feel so old and uncool!!!  And Slash?  I think he is from before my time???

Best Rock Album - Green Day - woohoo!!!!  Why aren't they Australian anymore?  Am I crazy??


Zac Brown Band performance - I like them!!!!  Leon Russell joined in with them...I have no idea who he is!

Taylor Swift performance - With Stevie Nicks!  How cute! 

We Are The World (The Earth Song)? - Awww how come I don't have 3-D glasses?  What a great performance!!!! :)  His kids are so cute...they are very similar to him!

Bon Jovi performance - Their performance was okay....again, not a huge fan to begin with.  Jennifer someone or other came out with them, but I didn't know who she was anyway lol

Best Rap Song Collaboration - Jay-Z, Rihanna and Kanye West for "Run This Town"

David Forester, Mary J Blige and Andrea Bocelli - Excuse my bad spelling but I'm too tired and lazy to check it.  Their voices are great but I found it a bit boring...sorry!

The Dave Matthews Band (DMB) - I'm sorry, but another band I'm not particularly fond of.  I admit, I fast forwarded through this one.

Best Female Vocal Performance - Beyonce / Halo - She is so successful!

Maxwell - Is he new?  Why don't I really know who he is?  He's okay!

Jeff Beck? - I'm starting to feel more out of it than I knew I could!

Drake, Eminem, Travis Barker and Lil' Wayne - I have never liked Lil' Wayne but I have always loved Eminem.  Drake is too new for me to have feelings about him one way or the other (although I think I am leaning toward liking him)...and of course Travis Barker is amazing!!!

Album of the Year -  Can I comment on Lady Gaga's outfit change lol  Anyhow...so proud of Taylor Swift!  She is so freaking amazing!!!!!  Yay for Kanye not interrupting her!

I'm so proud of the TV stations for figuring out the DVR thing and not running over so often anymore!!! :)

21 comments:

Holly Lefevre said...

I missed it all. When I lived in L.A. I was always into these things. THANKS for the recap. I do love Taylor Swift and I really like Lady Antebellum a lot!
Holly

Audrey said...

I didn't watch, but hubby and son did, so I heard a lot of it :)
I have something for you on my blog!
Have a great week!

Sarah said...

We are opposites. My head almost exploded with all of the T. Swift shenanigans. (I think she ruined "Rhiannnon" and cannot believe Stevie Nicks even agreed to be on the same stage as her). And Dave is my favorite. I mean, I have a TATTOO of the band on my back and have seen them 11 times. I also love Kings of Leon. I love Justin Timberlake in the Beyonce parody :)

Still friends? :)

Lisa said...

I didn't watch...I forgot about it and was playing Rock Band with the kids instead:)

Great job on the recap! Thanks for stopping in at my blog...I'm following you back!

tinahead81 said...

i watched most of it...and i share most of your thoughts!

follwing in return!

Pamela M. Kramer - A Renaissance Woman said...

I missed it all too. I went to roller derby instead. I'm following you back from Follow Friday!

Heather @ Girl Gone Mom said...

I wish I DVR'd but I didn't even realize it was on until I saw people on twitter discussing it. lol!

Thanks for following - and I just followed you back :)

I am off to google Lady Antebellum now...

Unknown said...

I didn't watch them, but I love your recap! It sounds like they were entertaining :)

Thanks for the follow--I'm following you now and can't wait to read more!

xoxo

Amy said...

I know yeah for the DVR. I have it on there so my husband can see it. I love Taylor and Zac Brown band. Amazing. Great re-cap...

Liz Mays said...

My daughter is as fond of DMB as I am tired of them. I just can't listen to them anymore!!!!

I missed the show so your recap is appreciated!

Bibi @ Bibi's Culinary Journey said...

I love Taylor Swift and Zac Brown Band. Pink is always out there, ut you gotta love her,lol.

I don't watch Stephen Colbert , but I actually watched the X-mas special he won the Grammy for and it was very funny....so well deserved.

You did a wonderful recap....

krystal said...

Hey ! Thanks for following me and Happy follow friday {a little late , I know, lol}

Cascia Talbert said...

The Grammy awards were great. My daughter loves Taylor Swift. We watched them together. Thanks for visiting Healthy Moms!

dawn hild said...

I watched some of it. It really seemed to have a lot more performances than in past years.
I remember when Green Day performed in my town back in the 1980's...
tickets were like $10 I think???
Anyhow-
Just stopping by to return the Friday Follow favor.
Have a good week...
dawn hild
http://meandcraig.blogspot.com

Mommie Daze (Colleen) said...

I totally missed this! I guess I'm just completely out the loop these days. Thanks for stopping by my blog!
I'm a new FF follower.

Kari said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog today! I'm now following you too! Liked this post, because I didn't catch the grammy's last night. With 2 young kids - didn't happen. So, now I can get caught up! Awesome!

Susan Cook said...

I didn't watch them, but have seen clips on the morning shows. Now I kinda wish I did. I love Lady Gaga and Beyonce.

Hope you have a great day. (already following you♥)

sheila said...

Yeah, I don't get the whole Lady Gaga love. ??

Weird.

I enjoyed all the duets though although I missed the Elton / Gaga one. I thought Taylor and Stevie was god although I thought Taylor was a bit too overpowering over Stevie when singing Stevie's song. I thought she should have deferred more to Stevie on that one. But, whatever, lol.

Angela @ Nine More Months said...

I missed it because I was at work. I caught a few highlights yesterday, but thanks for the recap! ;)

Cassie said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I am following you back!

Unknown said...

Thanks for visiting Mama Bird Nest! I am following back! I too really liked the Green Day preformance but I do love DMB. Have a great day!!