When I was young, I really wanted to be a teacher. Now I work in a school office and get to interact with way more kids and families than I would if I worked in a classroom.
I was super excited when Chicken Soup for the Soul: Teacher Tales arrived. I couldn't wait to read the stories inside. I had some amazing teachers in high school and college, and couldn't wait to read other peoples' stories!
This is a great gift for new and experienced teachers, providing them a morale boost and the knowledge they are appreciated. The teaching industry has embraced this book, and more than half the stories are from "celebrity" teachers, including all of the 2009 State Teachers of the Year and the 2009 National Teacher of the Year. There is a lot of buzz about this book in the teaching industry and those teachers who don't receive it as a gift are sure to buy it for themselves, to read these 101 true stories by great teachers and appreciative students, with lots of laughs, poignant moments, and some tears too.
The book is divided into 11 sections, including First Year Tales, That Was Embarrassing, Tough Kids and more. I enjoyed the story First Year Drama about the mistakes of a first year teacher. Real World Math was a great story and had an idea I had never heard of! The story Five Words was extremely touching and inspirational! Angry Blue Eyes was probably my favorite story...you just really never know about people until they are willing to open up to you!!!!
I am pleased to offer a copy of Chicken Soup for the Soul: Teacher Tales - 101 Inspirational Stories from Great Teachers and Appreciative Students to 3 winners.
For your first (and mandatory) entry into this contest, comment with another Chicken Soup book you are interested in. Please make sure to leave your email address in your comments.
To earn extra entries you can (please leave a comment for each additional entry):
1) Become a follower of my blog or let me know if you already follow (you must follow publicly, I have to be able to see you)
2) Become an email subscriber of my blog or let me know if you already subscribe
3) Blog about this contest (and comment with the url)
4) Mention this giveaway on facebook with a link to this post (comment with your facebook name)
5) Add my button to your sidebar (and comment with the url)
6) Follow my Becca's Contest List blog
7) Follow me on twitter and tweet about the contest using "@sbshortie Win Chicken Soup for the Soul: Teacher Tales! http://is.gd/8Ui0o" (comment with your twitter name and the url of your tweet)
8) Become my friend on Facebook (click here and comment with your facebook name)
This contest is open to anyone with a US or Canadian mailing address that is 18+. Contest ends Sunday, February 28th at 11:59 pm pacific time. Winner will be picked and notified by email shortly after.
I was sent a copy of the book to review and the company is sending out the books to the winners. All opinions are honest and my own.