Friday, February 12, 2010

Tragedy Today

I tried all day to think of something to blog about...and nothing came to me.

A 21-year old from my town, Santa Barbara, was hit and killed by a drunk driver in Rhode Island at about 2 am this morning.  He was a freshman at Brown University.  He started college late because he had been serving in the Israeli Army for the last 3 years.

This was some of the worst news I could have woken up to this morning, and our whole community is just devastated.   Avi was one of the nicest, most amazing people you could have ever met.

So this post is dedicated to his honor.  You'll be missed Avi Schaefer.

7 comments:

Natalie A. said...

This is so sad! Prayers sent to his family and friend's!

Unknown said...

My heart is breaking...what a horrible tragedy.

Sending prayers to his family.

Nancy said...

Sorry to hear that....so sad and so senseless. Sending prayers to his family.

Anonymous said...

Rest in Peace Avi Shaefer. My thoughts and aloha are with your family in this time of need :)

Dimes2Vines said...

I am so sorry to hear about this - we will be praying for all involved!

Angie Bailey said...

This is such a sad thing to happen. Prayers are with his family and friends.

Corrie Howe said...

I'm sending up prayers for his friends and family.