Thursday, February 4, 2010

Family Fridays



My friend Amy @ Keeping Up with the Schultz Family asked me to try out this awesome new Friday meme.

"Since this is the first Friday this is what you do.
Family Fridays:
All you have to do is write about your parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles or cousins.
You can share a favorite memory from growing up.
Or you can even tell a story that was told you to by your great-grandparents moving
to the USA from another country.
You can even talk about your own family and your children.
This is a time for you to share your family memories."

I decided to do my first post about my Uncle Greg because it was just his birthday so he was my first family member that came to mind.


 (My papa, nana and uncle)
When I was younger, my parents, sister and I lived with my grandparents.  My uncle also lived with them on and off (Thank goodness for their 5-bedroom house!!).  Because of this, and because of the fact that my uncle is about 19 years older than me, we ended up being very close.  I consider him and my aunt almost more like way older siblings.


When I was 10, we moved up to Santa Barbara because my dad got a job transfer.  My uncle had gone to community college up here, and ended up coming up to visit and eventually moving back.  One of my favorite memories with him is going out for late night snacks at Carrows.  I don't even remember the food we ate.  I just remember that I was the only 12 year old kid I knew going out at 10 or 11 at night.


My uncle might be one of the few people who moves more often than we do, and I haven't been to visit him in his new house in Minden, Nevada yet.  I can't wait to go in May!


My uncle and aunt

My uncle's wife Rhonda, my uncle and my papa

My nana, Rhonda, uncle and papa

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG...did you say Minden Nevada? I was born in Carson City and my family is still there. How's that? What a wonderful tribute top your Uncle. I love the pictures and I so remember Carrows for when I was in college in Tucson. Great post my friend :)

Amy said...

This is so neat. I am happy you played along.. Thanks for sharing a great story about your Uncle....

Happy Friday..

Lori said...

He sounds like a really good guy who created some wonderful memories with you!

Thanks for playing along today and sharing your story!

william manson said...

hi there I have aslo participated today and this was a fantastic post, a happy family, lovely have a nice day :)

AudreyO said...

Great family photos Becca