Wednesday, February 24, 2010

American Idol - Girls

My mom asked why I am blogging about American Idol this year.  At this point, I think I am doing it because it helps me remember all of the contestants!

Paige Miles - Simon didn't like her song choice.  Kara disagreed and sang her praises.  Randy agreed with both of them LOL  Randy did say that she showed her big voice and I definitely didn't see that.  Ellen liked her too.  Wow, why do I basically disagree with all of them???

Ashley Rodriguez - She sang "Happy" by Leona Lewis...which I don't think I had ever heard before.  Kara, Randy and Ellen seemed to think she was good, but not great.  Simon really didn't like it!  Disagreement number 2 for me...I really liked it!

*Janell Wheeler - She sang "What About Love" by Heart.  Randy didn't like her song choice...but I did!  Phew, Ellen liked her song choice..but did notice she was off on a few notes.  Simon liked her effort but wasn't over the top about her.  Kara was also slightly negative.  But...everyone thought she'd be back next week!

Lilly Scott - "Fixin a Hole" by the Beatles.  Ellen really liked it.  Simon thought it was the best to that point.  Kara said she was believable.  And of course Randy liked her.  Weird....I didn't like her so much.

Katelyn Epperly - "Oh Darlin'".  She pulled off her look really well!!  Simon was happy.  Kara liked everything but her look LOL  Randy was highly complimentary.  Ellen also liked it.  Glad we all agreed!

Haeley Vaughn - "I Wanna Hold Your Hand" by the Beatles.  Kara had some technical issues but loved how much fun she had.  Randy loves her variety but had the same issues as Kara.  Ellen liked it.  And Simon thought it was terrible.  I thought it was decent!

Lacey Brown - "Landslide" by Fleetwood Mac.  Randy didn't like her song choice and thought it was terrible and pitchy.  Ellen thought she was better than her performance.  Simon thought it was depressing and indulgent.  Kara really didn't like her song choice but hoped she would be back next week.  I thought it was okay LOL

Michelle Delamor - "Fallin'" by Alicia Keys.  Ellen thought it was fantastic but safe.  Simon thought she did very well but wasn't wowed.  Kara was pretty pleased but saw some problems.  Randy thought she did a pretty good job.  I agree that it was fairly good...but I did find myself comparing her to Alicia Keys and that isn't good for her since Alicia Keys is over the top amazing.

*Didi Benami - "The Way I Am" by Ingrid Michaelson.  Simon thought everyone was sounding the same.  Kara liked the changes Didi make to the original.  Randy wanted more star factor.  Ellen thought it would be okay as part of a set but wasn't great as a standalone song.  I love that song and I love Didi's voice so I was happy! :)

*Siobhan Magnus - "Wicked Game" by Chris Isaak.  Kara liked it!  Randy liked it as well and thought she should have gone bigger.  Ellen loved it and forgot where she was (at a competition), she felt like she was at a show.  Simon called her a funny little thing this time.  He liked it and didn't love it.

*Crystal Bowersox - "Hand in My Pocket" by Alanis Morissette.  Randy said she is one of his favorites.  Ellen said they're lucky she auditioned cuz she adds something fresh to the show.  Simon thought she should do something more creative instead of sound-alike..but he does like her.  Kara thought she was good but not as great as she has been.  I can't stand this song normally and I really enjoyed it.  I love the harmonica and guitar playing!

*Katie Stevens - "Feelin' Good" by Michael Buble.  Ellen thought it was great but too conservative for a 17 year old.  Simon agreed with Ellen and went so far as to call it annoying.  Kara said she was pitchy which is out of character for her...but did say she has ridiculous chops.  Randy thought she was pushing so hard that she kept going sharp...but he did say she reminds him of Jordin Sparks.  Sigh...I liked it!

I starred the people I really liked....who did you like???

1 comment:

Debbie said...

I haven't seen it last week or this week because of the Olympics!