Sunday, July 19, 2009

Quotable Sunday - #8




Toni at A Daily Dose of Toni hosts Quotable Sunday each week. This week I decided to quotes by Abigail Adams, wife of John Adams. I have admired her ever since I did a report on her in elementary school.



I've always felt that a person's intelligence is directly reflected by the number of conflicting points of view he can entertain simultaneously on the same topic.
Great necessities call forth great leaders.
Arbitrary power is like most other things which are very hard, very liable to be broken.

I begin to think, that a calm is not desirable in any situation in life. Man was made for action and for bustle too, I believe.

12 comments:

Rhonda Gales said...

I enjoy Abigail Adams qoutes too. The first is my favorite. Thanks for sharing.

Stacy Uncorked said...

Excellent quote choices! My favorite is the first one, too! :)

Enjoy your Sunday! :)

AudreyO said...

I have so many thoughts...I must be brilliant :)

Unknown said...

Wonderful quotes. I had never heard of any of them!

MediMonsters said...

Great quotes!!

Have a great Sunday.

Jennifer said...

Fabulous quotes. Thank you for sharing them. Happy Sunday!

Unknown said...

All very nice quotes! I love that first one too!
Happy Sunday!

Anonymous said...

The last one is my fav:

I begin to think, that a calm is not desirable in any situation in life. Man was made for action and for bustle too, I believe.

Sweet Serendipity said...

Oh, I love her. What a woman she was! Ahead of her time.
Thanks for sharing these, I enjoyed them.

Kristen Andrews said...

excellent quotes, I like the first one too!

Candace @ Worker at Home said...

Wonderful quotes. I'm headed to the library tomorrow and I think I'll look up some books on Abigail Adams--thanks for the inspiration.

Susan said...

As a fellow AA fan, I really enjoyed these - thank you!