Sunday, July 26, 2009

Quotable Sunday - #9


Toni at A Daily Dose of Toni hosts Quotable Sunday each week. This week I have decided to do George Bernard Shaw, just because I like his quotes.

England and America are two countries separated by a common language.

He who can, does. He who cannot, teaches.

A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.

He who has never hoped can never despair.

The liar's punishment is not in the least that he is not believed but that he cannot believe anyone else.


4 comments:

Melissa B. said...

As a teacher AND a Shaw fan, he's 100 percent correct about all things...

Banteringblonde said...

haha this is cool...

The liar's punishment is not in the least that he is not believed but that he cannot believe anyone else.

Anonymous said...

"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing." I love this quote. It's so true I think.

Candace @ Worker at Home said...

Very good quotes--some to remember.
Last week after you quoted Abigail Adams I got her biography out of the library.
I am loving it!