Sunday, August 14, 2011

30 Days About Me - Day 13 - Something or Someone That Has Had a Huge Impact On Your Life

30 Days About Me

Toni at A Daily Dose of Toni is graciously hosting a 30-day meme to help us all get to know each other better.  She has a theme for each day so that we can post something about ourselves.  There are a good number of us participating so far.  I'm excited to get to know more about my fellow bloggers and also to let others know more about me.

Day 13 - Something or Someone That Has Had a Huge Impact On Your Life

While many people hated high school, I absolutely loved it.  I had various groups of friends, was super involved with the band, and just enjoyed my time there.  I had one best friend in high school, Robert, who greatly impacted my outlook on life and helped to shape me into the person I am today.

How did Robert impact my life?  He taught me things that might seem obvious, but that I wouldn't listen to from anyone else.  He told me not to get so angry over small things.  He told me not to get so mad at my mom.  And most importantly - he taught me to be a great arguer/debater.

That's me in the front and Robert is behind me.  We are surrounded by most of our awesome group of friends from high school.

And in case anyone we know is reading this post and wondering what happened to him...he is now a lawyer up north and married to his awesome wife!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awh bless that's a lovely tribute :O)

Martha said...

Great tribute to your friend!

Mom on Caffeine

Joy Williams said...

Thats nice. Its important to have someone in high school remind you shouldn't hate your mom. Those hormones sure do make you want to hate her don't they!!

Tori said...

GREAT tribute! When I 1st read this I thought you said "He lawyered up..." not that he was "a lawyer up north..." I've been married to a cop too long. lol

Lizzie said...

very sweet! :) and I too loved High School!

lisa.j.p said...

high school was great! i think of my friends from way back then often...i'm so grateful for their influence on my life. sounds like your friend was pretty great too :]

Unknown said...

Aaah sweet! Hello Robert :)

Donna said...

Isn't it great to have a friend that makes such an impact on us?